Muzicvue – Job Opportunity
BUSINESS Development Representative
Muzicvue is a revolutionary, live-streaming entertainment platform that connects global audiences with both live and pre-recorded on-stage performances by professional artists with an established following. The company embraces the disruption of the traditional music marketplace and believes the energy, experience and vivid imagery of on-stage performances should be accessible by users whenever they choose and in the comfort of their own home, rather than at a scheduled time and venue.
We are actively seeking an experienced, self-motivated, vibrant and passionate Business Development Representative to join our team! The candidate will be primarily responsible for creatively pitching the concept to various musicians, booking agents or management teams across Canada and the United States and encouraging them to deliver live-stream Pay-Per-View shows and events to our global fan base through our platform. We are specifically targeting seasoned performers whom are unable to tour due to age or health-related reasons, or declining record sales, but whom have maintained an ongoing relationship with their supporters. Muzicvue will provide individualized attention to assist them in utilizing live-streaming technology to reach a broader audience and reconnect with their fan base and will pay 60-80% of event profits directly to the artist.
• Prospect new leads and initiate contact with target artists, management teams or booking agents through networking, cold calling, social media engagement or other forms of communication
• Be the driving force behind new strategic partnerships between Muzicvue and various performing artists in order to fuel the company’s growth and generate public awareness of the concept
• Develop and present representation proposals and contracts to prospects
• Maintain a contact database of key industry personnel
• Serve as the liaison between Muzicvue and artists as it pertains to finalizing a representation contract
• Discover emerging talent with a budding fan base and pitch the Muzicvue concept
• Ensure artist performance styles and content align with the Muzicvue mandate to include diverse genres and broad accessibility
• Cultivate and nurture relationships with current and prospective artists and the Muzicvue management team
• 5-10 years’ experience as a booking agent or business development representative within the music or entertainment industry
• Proven track record of achieving revenue or contractual targets or quotas
• Demonstrated ability to prospect, cultivate and manage strategic partnerships
• Well-rounded in online communications, networking, email outreach and social media with a knack for establishing long-term relationships and utilizing creative resourcefulness
• Self-motivated, enthusiastic and driven to succeed
• Strong ability to build meaningful and high-trust relationships both quickly and easily
• Ability to create and implement effective, high-value sales tactics
• Proven history of closing VIP deals
• Highly developed negotiation and contract-closing skills
• Access to a computer with reliable internet connection and a phone
• Passion for music of many genres
• Adaptable, flexible, and able to function effectively in a team environment
The candidate will report directly to the incumbent Business Development Manager and is expected to work from a home-based office. Salary is project-based and commensurate with experience.
Muzicvue provides an exciting opportunity to travel worldwide, work directly with established performing artists, and scout new and emerging talent. You will play a direct role in crafting the future success of top artists and may bear witness to incredible transformations. The advancement opportunities within our organization are endless for those with ambition and resourcefulness.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter detailing your prior experience and qualifications in WORD or PDF format to “info at muzicvue.com”
Muzicvue wishes to thank all applicants; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No telephone inquiries please.